Sunday, April 11, 2010

Over The Big Names in Hip-Hop


These guys just delivered their new mixtape Air Swell today and they will be dropping an album at the end of this summer like in August. I dig their style and appearance and they bring something new and different to the hip-hop scene that has been controlled by pimps and hos for long enough. I don't know about you guys but I could never relate to any of them--like I've never really had a jet plane or a red lambo. Don't get me wrong there are some great hip-hop songs out there but times are changing and there's literally a whole new sphere of music surfacing and it turns out that there's a lot of really good stuff being made.

These guys combine attributes from hip-hop while providing a house/electro back drop ALL FROM SCRATCH. This is what kevinthekid is all about--just straight monumental shit like you know? I hope they stick around for a while and keep their momentum and energy without blowing up too, too fast. Chiddy.


Chiddy Bang - Pass Out
Chiddy Bang - All Things Go
Chiddy Bang - Truth (Passion Pit)

No comments:

Post a Comment