Saturday, March 27, 2010

You Only Live Once...



Growing up, I never listened to much of any advice that my parents gave me -- I was out to save the world! I started the whole grandiose plan by putting a cigarette out on my hand in 8th grade and Freshman year of high school by ditching class and smoking a lot of weed, experimenting too here and there because school wasn't part of any real superheroes' agenda. I was so unstoppable that I got a DUI the first week I had my license and then I got my ears pierced- FUCK. Sometimes I like to think that that's all just evidence of me tearing it up maybe getting my knees a little dirty. Other times I wish I never did any of it. What I do know is that it has made me the man I am today.

So I guess the lesson to be learned is that sometimes in life you might do some things you wish you hadn't or you're frustrated because taking over the world is harder than you thought--no matter how much kryptonite you have at bay nor how high you think you can fly. Nevertheless, work hard and keep your head up otherwise you can't see where you're going.

For some people out there in this immense, vast universe it's harder to recover than for others; they're kind of stuck with no friends or being obese and what not. Today's post goes out to them. GOD LOVES YOU, that's why you're here. Personally, I sure wouldn't have been able to get where I am today without good tunes or God for that matter. Here's a list of some shit that makes you feel real good.

1. Gym Class Heroes - Shoot Down the Stars

2. Mike Posner - Bring Me Down (feat. Big Sean)

3. MSTRKRFT - Breakaway

4. LMFAO - Yes

5. Cobra Starship - Kiss My Sass

6. Fear of Tigers - Can Make the Pain Disappear (Monsieur Adi)

No comments:

Post a Comment